A WORD FROM AKAN -THE STUDENT AND HIS PERSPECTIVE - My School Aid

19/01/2018

A WORD FROM AKAN -THE STUDENT AND HIS PERSPECTIVE


The Student and His Perspective

Before I gained admission into the University, I saw the university system from a completely different perspective. I felt there was no need to feel bad about staying at home, neither was there any need to brag when the admission finally came. I guess this, kind of, shaped the way I approached my admission into the university when I was given. I saw the extra time spent at home as an opportunity to improve myself with information at my freewill, having a liberty of topics and a wide range to choose from. I saw information to be provided by the University system as one that offers limited reserves from those who were to give it out as well as side attractions from other parties –my perspective helped me in a lot of ways!

Life is a function of your perspective; the way you see things differs from the way others see them. Sometimes, things are not as bad as they seem and other times, they don’t seem as good as they are. Every one of us sees things differently. 

For example, I failed a course in the second semester of my first year in school (it wasn’t completely my fault because I had some registration issues, but I failed anyway). When taking up the course again in my second year, I saw it as an opportunity to learn more and earn a better grade than the previous one. Some people saw it as a challenge that posed a lot of consequential threat (it is difficult, what if you fail again?). Again, the perspective differs. On my second trial, I was very close to having an A; what someone had seen as a problem, I saw as an opportunity.

As you journey through the system together, your perspective can guide you through some setbacks (minor and major). Do not let past experiences determine future actions!